ouest
west

jeudi 29 mars 2007

Johanna Kirsch / A Buildering Confession with...


A Buildering Confession with Moralistic ****Footnotes

One day I entered the ladies'toilet of the y medaca.
As in many public restrooms, there is a gap between the ceiling and the door. I had the idea that I could leave the cubicle not through the door but by climbing up and jumping over it (1). I did so and I left the door locked from the inside (2). Next day I had already forgotten about my action, but when I entered the restroom again I found this message on the door:
"Don't worry! There is no one in the toilet (3)
I climbed over the door again and unlocked it****

Two weeks later I confessed to A what I had done. She told me that B (4) had become really concerned by the fact that the door was still locked when she came back to the restroom for a second time a couple of hours later. B proceeded to ask C to check if there was anybody lying dead on the floor and C climbed up to have a look into the other toilet and said that the cabin was free, and that it was B who had put this message on the door and that A who really needed to pee while B was using the only available toilet also became quite alarmed because it was all so weird. She went so far to say that theese days locked doors in public toilets could raise suspicious and could be related to bombs and terrorism. Later she also mentioned that she was irritated by the fact that the door was open again but that the message was still there.

A couple of days later I entered the restroom and one cabin was locked but there was no sound coming from it. Is anybody there? I asked nervously a few time there was no answer. So I climbed up again and looked into the cubicle but...



1
I felt really happy when I climbed over the door, which I had already opened and closed so many times. It was good to see the dust on top of the partition, and to prove to myself that I was able to do it!

2
I don't know if it was some subconscious agression or only high-spirits in me wanting to leave the door locked.

3
I was pretty ashamed by my associal behaviour.
At least there was one person who felt responsible enough to spend time in order to find out that nothing bad was going on in the cubicle, and to warn all the ladies by leaving a note on the door.

4
It was good to find out who had put that note on the door!